Friday 3 December 2021

Going beyond the waves.

 the 

I was at the beach recently paddling. I only had one pair of clothes and I was wearing them, so I didn’t want to get them wet. So I tried hard to not let the waves hit me as they made their way to where I was standing and break. The longer I stood there, the more rough the waves became, and the more wet my clothes got. So I walked a bit farther and went beyond where the waves broke. And it was calm and I didn’t get my clothes wet. It reminded me of how often times in the life we are content to stay at the edge of the sea. We hope to miss the rough waves of pain and disappointment. But the more we wait at the edge, the more rough those waves get. Yet if we were to brave the waves and walk further into our father’s arms, all would be calm. We would be safe. Yet even tho I was standing where the waves couldnt break on me, they still had to pass me by, yet because I was far away from their breaking place, the waves were not as rough. 

If we rest in our father’s arms, the waves of life will still pass us by, yet they won’t be as tough because our Heavenly Father is holding us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...