Monday 28 February 2022

You think you know best???

 My Dad and I were moving stock today with my sisters dog. Her dog is usually obedient, but sometimes he gets overly excited and will forget that he has a master to listen to. Well, today was one of those days he forgot about my Dad, and decided that he wanted to round up the calves his way instead of my Dad’s way. After the the dog had caused both my Dad and I frustration, my dad turned to me and said: He’s a good dog, but sometimes he thinks he knows best instead of me! 

Wow!! I know he was referring to the dog, but I couldn’t help but think of myself. How often I think I know what’s best instead of God. I listen to a song based on the verse that says “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says that Lord.” And it’s sooo true. Often my ways are not the right way. They’re not God’s ways. And often I try my own way, only to realise how foolish I was. God’s ways are soo much higher than mine. I need to listen to him when he tells me to do something, and not be like our naughty dog who doesn’t listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...