Thursday 17 June 2021

Emotions

 So a quick recap: 

First we heard the story of how Martha and Jesus met. Then we saw her good qualities that made her stand out. Lastly we saw her bad qualities that got her in trouble. 

Now we’ll look into her emotions. Now you’re prolly thinking: what?? Martha has emotions??                     Well, yes, she does have emotions. 

I can just imagine some of the feelings/emotions that must’ve been running through Martha. I can just imagine her EXCITEMENT when she heard that Jesus was coming to town. But I also think it would’ve quickly turned to a NERVOUS twinge when it was decided that he would come to her house. Here is someone who loves serving others, and Jesus, the king of kings, accepts her invite to share a meal at her house. If she’s anything like me, then I think she would’ve definitely been feeling nervous. But I also think she spend would’ve started to feel overwhelmed once he arrived and she found out she was alone to serve!!! I have that feeling many a times, but it’s usually not started by excitement.  I always feel nervous when my boss comes into my department, and I feel nervous and overwhelmed when the big boss comes to inspect my work!! And sometimes I don’t keep my cool! And because of my reaction sometimes, I can kinda imagine what Martha’s reaction would be! “I mean, where is Mary anyways?? Doesn’t she know that chicken can’t get cooked by itself? And a table won’t get set without some hands!!! Oh yeah! That’s right, she wants me to do it all!!! Ok then!! Is that the way to treat the hard-working lady of the family?” Slowly her heart fills with RESENTMENT. So with a bang of a pot onto the stove, and a kicks at the chair to move it out of the way, Martha stomps off to find Mary! 


You’ll have to wait till next week to find out the rest of Martha’s emotions, and how Jesus deals with her!! (If I can wait that long!;)) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...