Thursday 8 April 2021

A Beautiful Day

                                                






                                              A Beautiful Day!! 

It is quite embarrassing when I think of all the times I've missed out on seeing something beautiful because I'm so busy looking at something ugly!! 

Right now I am on our deck and my view is so beautiful!! Over and over visitors have commented on how beautiful our view is. But so often I fail to see it!! I have lived here for 18 years, and have just gotten used to the view! I've never really realised how beautiful it was cause I have grown up with it. But as I was sitting here I couldn't help but notice the Pink, Orange and Purple flower borders, with a blanket of Green and Blue beyond it. The turkeys were making a pecking noise, a fly buzzed about while the puppy's whine could be heard around the house. The smell is absolutely amazing!! Its warm with an occasional cool breeze.  But not every day it is like this. This region is known for the amount of rain it gets. We like to say, if its not raining then its either gonna rain, or it has just rained! So when it rains, I wouldn't exactly call it pretty. But if we didn't have the rain, then we wouldnt get the color!! And the color is so beautiful! 

Our lives are the same. We so often neglect to see the beautiful things cause we are around them all the time. Beautiful things like Family and Friends. We expect them to be there all the time cause they are a part of life. And then when they're gone we realize how special and beautiful they really are. 

Don't waste your time looking at what is ugly. Instead use your time thanking God for the beautiful things he has given you. 

But just like it must rain for the grass and flowers to grow, then so must it rain in our life too so that our eyes can become clearer to what should be the most valuable thing in our life. 


Psalm 118:24 says: This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  


Give thanks today, regardless of whether its raining or not. Look around at the many blessings in your life and rejoice in it. For God has made it, and has given it to you to enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...