Wednesday 9 February 2022

Who will you talk to?

 Today was not my day. It started early this morning with getting all my horses in and waiting an hour for the vet to show up. And then when the vet did come, they decided not to do the procedure. And then to make my morning worse, the heat was almost unbearable. I was sweating head to foot. My hair was oily, and my whole body was sticky. So after walking home, i decided to take a shower before heading into town to get some items for work. But when I got home the power was out, which meant I had to go to town stinky and sticky. So I am walking around town, sweaty, stinky, and sticky, and my ankle is hurting, and I'm running around trying to get all the jobs done. And then someone reminded me as i was about to leave town, of my parents anniversary tomorrow. So I ran around a shop that I thought would have the present I needed, but it didn't. So in a super grumpy mood, I purchased my items and stalked out of the shop, trying to hurry in time to go to one last shop. As I was hurrying to my car, this man stood in my way. Me thinking he was a creep, tried to go around him. Then I saw that he had some books and was obviously trying to get my attention to talk to me about them. "Great!! Now I have to try and talk my way out of a religious conversation with a Mormon or JW." I thought to myself, shaking my head at the man, trying to  indicate that I didn't want to talk. But he persisted, and I remembered someone saying that you should be kind to these people as they usually dont receive a lot of kindness.  So with my arm full of stuff, and sweating so bad because of the heat, I angrily turned around at him and tried to act interested. Turns out the guy was training to be a Monk, and was trying to raise money by giving away books, that held the secret to gaining good characteristics, for a gold coin donation. After explaining that I was a Christian and I told him how to get to Heaven, I then went on to tell him that I was in a big hurry to go. Walking back to my car, I felt guilty about being so rude, and so I gave a tract to one of his friends and asked him to give it to him. 

As I drove away, I suddenly became aware of my extremely rude attitude to someone who was lost and going to hell. I had told myself that I was far to busy to help him. How wrong my attitude was. How could I be too busy to help him? How could I be soo selfish to not stop and help him. Help him find the way to Heaven. 

I thought about this illustration. 

You are in a big room with a lot of people, and theres only one door and its locked. And someone is coming to set the room on fire, and everyone is trying to find the key to the door. Say you figure out where the key is and you've unlocked the door, wouldn't you tell everyone that the door is open and they can go through also, or would you quietly slip out and leave them searching for the key?  Surely you wouldn't be to busy to save a persons life? 

I was very convicted over these words. But they are so true!! We often are in such a hurry, that we do forget about the people around us. We forget to show them the unlocked door so they can escape hellfire. 

What are you doing about the lost souls around you?

I hope and pray that I may be more aware of them, and try to help them with God's help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...