Sunday 19 September 2021

Your attitude is your choice.






A few days ago, I listened to a sermon about our attitude. Something that really stood out to me was this phrase, “your attitude is your choice!” I sorta laughed when I heard that. Like really?? My attitude is based on my surroundings. If work is going horrid, then so will my attitude. If it’s going well, then so will my attitude. Well I was quite convicted by this message, cause if what he said was true, then I was off course with my attitude. So I said to myself, well if it’s true, then I’m certainly going to try it out. So I tried it out. As I go to work in the mornings, I normally pray the whole way there. So this Friday morning, after a week off work, I said to God: everything in me doesn’t want to be here. I want to be at home. And I just know that when I walk into work things will quickly turn hard and I’ll have a bad attitude. So I’m gonna choose to have a good attitude right now for the rest of the day. Please help to remember my choice, and please work it thru me. 

That day was an amazing day. Sure things went wrong. But the Lord helped me keep the right attitude. And me and my workmate actually got along really well. 

But you can’t have a good attitude if your grumpy. You’ll never choose the right attitude if you’re not thankful. But if it’s hard you’re not gonna automatically think of your blessings. Soo I realised if I’m gonna choose the right attitude then I’m gonna have to “give thanks in all things.” Giving thanks is vital in choosing a good attitude. 
Your attitude makes or breaks your day. And it also makes or breaks your workmates day, or the people around you. You have a bad attitude, then the people around you will start choosing that attitude to. You gave a cheerful attitude, then those around you will choose to be cheerful to. 
Joseph had a good attitude even in the toughest times. But he had to make a conscious choice every single day   He chose to see God’s way instead of his own way. He said, “ what you meant for evil, God  meant for good.” He chose to see life through God’s eyes. And he chose his attitude. 

Your attitude does not depend on your circumstances or your feelings. It depends on you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...