Thursday 27 January 2022

Remembering the past!



 Recently I started training horses, and something I’ve learned Is that horses are very similar to people. They have to learn a lot of the same lessons as us. So something that I saw today is that you have to remind your horse of everything it’s learned. One of my horses came to me well trained, yet when I didn’t remind him of what he had learned, He became very pushy and naughty. Today I was getting him to back up, which is something he used to know and do very well, and he wouldn’t do it. And soo I had to remind him of what he was supposed to be doing. I realised that if I wanted him to be a safe and obedient horse, then I needed to remind him every day of what he had learned. And the same is with us. So often we forget what we’ve learned. And then we get upset when God reminds us of what we’ve learnt. One example of this would be when I first lost my job, and I really learned that Jesus was my provider. And then 2 months later, i had forgotten that fact, and I was worrying about what I would do to provide for myself, and I had to be reminded again of the fact that the Lord is my provider. Often we need to be reminded in order for us to remember what the Lord has taught us. And we can’t get bitter and upset when we are reminded. We need to be thankful when we remember what we have learned. When my horse forgets what he’s learned, he becomes disobedient and stubborn. I’m doing him good by reminding him. And yes, sometimes I have to take him back to the start and remind him again of even the most basic lessons, but it’s for his good. And it’s for our good when God takes us back to the start and reminds us of what we have learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...