Thursday 19 August 2021

Masks!!!

 Over in NZ we are in lockdown again. And it’s also mandatory to wear masks now when going to an open business or when your working. So today I wore a mask all day. This was probably the very first time I’ve ever worn a mask. I didn’t even know how to put it on. With the help of my workmate, I finally got it on and sitting properly. But it was so hot, itchy, and it kept falling down. I really didn’t enjoy wearing it, and I counted down the mins till I could go home and take it off. But we wore them because thats what was required of us, and we tried to do it without complaining. 

It reminds me of the Christian life in a way. We are to be separate from the world and we are to put on the new man. And Jesus Christ helps us put him on.  Sometimes it’s not always easy. We don’t always enjoy it. Sometimes you wish you could just give up and take it off. But we need to put on the new self without complaining or arguing, because that’s what Jesus requires of us. 

Remember, If God requires something of you, he gives you the means to supply it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...