Saturday 24 July 2021

3:11

 



Ecclesiastes 3:11 is one of my favourite verses in the Bible. I’ve often read it when things don’t look pretty, and I remind myself that he will make everything beautiful in it’s time. I’ve often told myself that over and over again. But I realised something the last time I read this verse. It doesn’t say “he will make everything beautiful in it’s time” like I thought it did. Not at all. I mixed up one word in that verse. But that one word makes all the difference. It doesn’t say that one day he will make your circumstance beautiful.  To me that sounds like he will one day get around to making your ugly mess beautiful. It doesn’t say that he is making everything beautiful in it’s time. That sounds like he’s making it beautiful as you go. No no!! It doesn’t say any of that at all. It say “ he HAS MADE everything beautiful in it’s time.”  It’s already done. And one day you’ll look back and say: wow!! How beautiful. It was like that the whole time, and only now I’ve seen it. 

So if your going through something ugly or hard right now, remember, he has made it beautiful in it’s time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you content with God's answer?

The other day I was at work, and the two-year old who I look after was reading pooh bear on the couch. Well, it was towards the end of the d...